Mr. Reader is a RSS News Reader for iOS. One of its main features is are a large article preview and image thumbnails. So it is easy to read only the articles you are interested in. Manage your subscriptions directly in the app and share articles with other services. Please see below for a list of features.
Please note: Since 2016, the app development has stopped, and the app has been removed from the App Store.
The app is a paid RSS news reader developed by Oliver Fürniß for the iPad that enables users to search, view and add news feeds with ease.
In addition, Mr. Reader allows users to have total control on their RSS feeds with its powerful features like Feed Management, Folder Management and Tag Management. It also allows offline reading with its image caching functionality. Plus, it has several themes to suit anyone’s needs and preferences.
Aside from that, users can share links with others via Facebook, Twitter, or email. It also allows users to add their RSS feeds to several services like Delicious, Zootool, Kindle and many more. Overall, Mr. Reader is a feature-rich RSS reader for the iPad made available for a download price of $3.99.
- Aol Reader
- BazQux Reader
- Feed Wrangler
You can add multiple accounts each with separate settings. Automatic background synchronization can be enabled in the Synchronization settings (disabled by default).
Supported Sharing Services
- Native iOS Share Sheet
- Post to Twitter, Facebook, Ello, LinkedIn
- Add articles to Buffer
- Send to Instapaper, Pocket, Readability for reading later
- Send to Evernote and Microsoft OneNote
- Add to Safari Reading List
- Collect YouTube and Vimeo videos by using ToWatchList
- Send articles to your Kindle by using Tinderizer or SENDtoREADER
- Post to Tumblr (multiple blogs supported)
- Connect to Instagram, PinTrest, Snapchat etc.
- Open articles in "any" browser by using the SendTab service
- Send an article or just the link by mail (predefine multiple recipients)
- Send link by 'Message' (SMS, text message)
- Copy link to the clipboard
- Copy Short URL to the clipboard
- URL shortener: goo.gl, TinyURL, is.gd, Bitly or your custom one
You can re-order the services menu and enable only the services you use.
Open with Browser
Every browser app that can be opened via an URL scheme can be integrated. The following browser actions are included:
- Apollo Browser
- Atomic Web
- Coast by Opera
- Dolphin Browser
- Google Chrome
- Opera Mini
- Subscribe to feeds
- Rename feeds
- Delete/unsubscribe feeds
- Assign feeds to folders
- Open the feed homepage in one of your installed browsers
- 'Subscriptions Checker' to check if the feed URL's are still up to date
- Create tags
- Rename tags
- Delete tags
- Assign tags to feed items