Mr. Reader is a RSS news reader for your iPad that synchronizes with your Google Reader account. Due to the large article preview and image thumbnails, it is easy to read only the articles you are interested in. Manage your subscriptions directly in the App and share articles with multiple services. Please see below for a list of features.
- Multiple Google Reader accounts with separate settings
- Read/unread items
- Starred items
Shared items Friend's shared items
- Tagged items
- Folders, tags and feeds
All Google Reader actions are immediately synced with your Google Reader account. When no internet connection is available, it synchronizes later.
- Open with Safari, Atomic Web, Google Chrome, Grazing, iCab Mobile, Mercury, Opera Mini, Sleipnir and any other Browser App that can be opened via a URL scheme: 3rd Party Browsers Documentation
- Add articles to Buffer (multiple accounts supported)
- Post to Twitter (multiple accounts supported)
- Post to Facebook
- Post to Google+
- Post to App.net (multiple accounts supported)
- Post to LinkedIn
- Save to Delicious, Diigo, Kippt, Pinboard, Zootool
- Send to Instapaper, Pocket, Readability
- Send to Evernote
- Send articles to your Kindle by using Tinderizer or SENDtoREADER
- Every App that provides an URL scheme like OmniFocus, Things, etc. can be integrated: 3rd Party Apps Documentation
- Post to Tumblr (multiple blogs supported)
- Post to Posterous (multiple blogs supported)
- Create a note in a Toodledo notebook
- Services like Springpad with a Mail interface can be integrated: Custom Mail Actions Documentation
- Add articles to Bolt
- Send to "Send2Mac" (multiple Mac's supported)
- Open articles in "any" browser by using the SendTab service
- Send an article or just the link by mail (predefine multiple recipients)
- Send link by 'Message' (SMS, text message)
- Browser Bookmarklets can be added and used in the web view: Bookmarklets Documentation
- Copy link to the clipboard
- Copy Short URL to the clipboard
- URL shortener: goo.gl, TinyURL, is.gd, bitly, Bolt, CloudApp or your custom one
- Print articles
You can re-order the services menu and enable only the services you use.
Folders and Feeds
- Show all folders and feeds
- Show only folders and feeds with unread items
Mark As Read
There are different ways to mark items as read:
- Single items
- All items
- Items older than n-days/weeks (tap and hold the 'Mark All As Read' button)
- Items above/below the current position (tap and hold the blue dot button)
- While scrolling
- Pull up at table end to mark all feed items as read
Search for articles with the option to save searches.
You can subscribe to feeds by using the feed URL directly or by searching for feeds.
- Subscribe to feeds
- Rename feeds
- Delete/unsubscribe feeds
- Assign feeds to folders
- Reorder feeds
- Open the feed homepage in one of your installed browsers
- 'Subscriptions Checker' to check if the feed URL's are still up to date
You can change the sort order of your folders, feeds and tags.
Attention: This feature is only available when enabled in the Google Reader settings.
You will find the settings - with a lot of options - inside the App. I tried to split and describe the settings as clear as possible. If you have to think twice, then something is wrong. Please contact me. ;-)
- Group items by feed or list them chronological
- Change the sort order (ascending / descending)
- Customizable: thumbnail size, thumbnails left/right, row height, font size, multiline titles
- Downloads thumbnails of embedded videos from YouTube and Vimeo
- Jump to the feed of an article
- Load more articles on request
There are many settings like showing the absolute or relative published time, dim read items, etc.
- Switch with one tap between RSS, Web, and the Instapaper, Readability, Pocket Mobilizer
- Set your preferred view mode (RSS, Web, Instapaper, ...) for each feed individually
- Thumbpad to navigate between articles and to close the viewer
- Pull up/down to navigate to the previous / next articles
- Move the actions toolbar to the left, right or bottom
- Change the font size and family
- Change the content width
- Display the content left/right aligned or justified
- Zoom images to full screen or save them in the camera roll
- Integrates with Terminology, by Agile Tortoise, to look up definitions of words
- Create folders
- Delete folders
- Rename folders
- Reorder folders
- Create tags
- Rename tags
- Delete tags
- Assign tags to feed items
Download and cache images for offline reading. When the download is not finished and you leave the App, it tries to finish the download. Due to a restriction of iOS the max time a App can do something in background is 10 minutes.
Attention: Currently only for the original RSS content and not for the Web and Mobilizer views.
Select different sounds for the most important actions. Disable all or just some of them when they are annoying you.